Thursday 21 April 2016

Final Evaluation

The Brief was about exploring animation. I was looking through a lot of newspaper articles the initial attraction of my article was that it was such a heart-warming story and I love animal’s especially cats. To create my animation I used black and white card and cut out the shapes using a cutting knife.  To make sure my camera stayed in the same position I used a tripod. I got my idea from when i was doing the cut-out workshop what I really liked about this was how it created an effect almost like a shadow puppet. The animation technique inspired me to create a cut out just using the silhouettes of the Lions and objects. The app I used to create my animation was i-motion the problems I had would I could not get it to save to my phone cause I did not have enough space on my phone so I had to delete some stuff I did not need. The colours I used in my animation contrast with each other which creates a stand out effect. The imagery I used in my animation all linked to the animals habitat. The mood I wanted to create from my animation was a sad start when the lions our being captured then as progress further thought the story and they get rescued the mood I wanted to be created is joyful. What I think went well was that my animation flowed smoothly. The thing that I think could be improved is having words so that some bits were not confusing. What I learned from this project was wide range of techniques in animation that I had never even thought off for example chalk animation and object animation. Also I learned the different types of animation programs I can use to create animations. Using the blog to record my process was effective because I could add gifs and videos but I thought I was bit awkward to add things such mind maps and other hand drawn stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment